This page provides an overview of CETIS' support for the JISC DVLE programme.
Programme Level Outputs
- Cetis LTI Briefing Paper
- Jisc Case Studies A series of short case studies highlighting the impact and approaches of a number of the projects in the programme.
- EduKapp A prototype widget store for the UK education sector, developed in collaboration with the OU (UK).
CETIS support for the JISC DVLE programme was both part of our wider remit as an Innovation Centre and a specific piece of work for JISC. Our support for the programme focused on the sharing and developing common technical approaches to the development and deployment of widgets within institutional virtual learning environments.
The programme consisted of two strands of activity: strand A - concentrating on the development of widgets with three projects running from July - December 2010, and strand B, which has five projects looking at the wider institutional issues around implementing and deploying widgets within existing institutional systems, running from July 2010 until December 2011.
- Programme tag: "jiscdvle".
- Tweet archive (via Twapper Keeper)
- Aggregated CETIS resources relating to the programme and the wider topic of learning platforms
- Sheila MacNeill
- Wilbert Kraan
Our contact details are available from CETIS contacts
- Information about the eight funded projects is available from the JISC website
- Technical information about the projects is available from our PROD database.
- Map of projects with links to PROD entries use this link to access interactive version
- DVLE Showcase (2), 13 January, 2012, Recording - approx 1/5 hours
- Enhancing and creating student centred portfolios in VLEs - Webinar as part of JISC 2011 Online Conference Activity Week, 18 November 2011, Presentation via Slideshare, Session recording
- IMS LTI and LIS in action - online webinar, 7 July 2011, Recording available @ http://emea92334157.adobeconnect.com/p17zkcsqjwc/
- Widget Bash, 23/24 March, 2011, University of Bolton
- Showcase for Phase 1 projects, 25 January, 
- Webinar on IMS LTI developments, 2 November 2010 screen cast, last approximately 1 hour
- DLE Technologies in use, 14 September, 2010, University of Bolton
Useful links and resources
This section provides some links to related key resources.
Briefing Paper on DLE
The CETIS Distributed Learning Environments" briefing paper.
About Apache Wookie
For more information about Wookie, including links to their mailing list and widget building tutorials is available from the Apache Wookie (Incubating) website
CETIS Learning Platforms
Aggregated information on learning platform related topics from the Learning Platforms area of the CETIS website
CETIS widgets working group
This working group was formed after the widget session at the JISC - CETIS 2008 conference. More information on events and activites of the working group is available here
Related blogs and presentations